Core Charge (神託, Shintaku, literally translated as Oracle but read as Core Charge) is a keyword exclusive to Grandwalker Nexuses, debuting in SD43/SD44. This effect targets all kinds of card aspects, including families, card types, costs, card names, effects, and so on. When those are summoned/advent, the Grandwalker Nexus obtains one core from the Void. One Core Charge occurs immediately as the Grandwalker Nexus is deployed, milling three cards from the owner's deck, and afterwards, depending on each Grandwalker Nexus, generally only summoning Spirits triggers it. Some Nexuses, such as The Grandwalker Lolo, can only be Core Charged once per turn. Their generic text is as follows:
- Core Charge: ([Families] & [Cost])
- When you Summon/Advent a target Spirit(/Brave/Ultimate), you can put one core from the void onto this Nexus.
- When this Nexus is deployed, if you don't control a Nexus with the same card name as this card, you can send the top three cards of your deck to the Trash. For each target card among them, place one core from the Void onto this Nexus.
Important rulings regarding Core Charge:
- Unless a card type is specified, all Core Charge conditions only target Spirits.
- e.g. A Core Charge condition with ("Blade Beast" & Cost 3 or more) can only target Spirits, and a Core Charge condition with ("Blade Beast" & Ultimate) can only target Ultimates.
- A comma in the condition indicates a separate condition of the same card type.
- e.g. In the Core Charge condition (Evil Shadow & Cost 3 or more, "Bladra"), the Core Charge targets Bladra of any cost. So when a player summons a Cost 0 Bladra, the Core Charge in the example can activate. Having "Evil Shadow & Cost 3 or more" and "Bladra" within the same bracket simply means both conditions need the same card type, which in this case, Spirit.
- The cards sent to the Trash when a Grandwalker Nexus is deployed are not affected by anti-deck destruction effects, they are being "sent to the Trash," not "discarded from the deck," much like Ultimate Trigger.
- Effects such as those of The DragonMaskOgre Biranba and Onmyou Child cannot affect the cores obtained from Core Charge, but they can affect cores a Grandwalker Nexus's effect puts from the Void to other places (cards on the Field, Reserve and such).
- When multiple target Spirits are summoned at once (such as by the effects of The DarkSnakeGodKing Shenmadou or The GiantCannonMothership Mother-Phaia), only one core is added by Core Charge. Core Charge triggers upon timing instead of the number of Spirits summoned.
- Since the Ultra Advent saga, the activation of Core Charge when deployed became optional. Due to this, while the text of Core Charge on older Grandwalker Nexus cards does not state the option, their Core Charge is still optional to activate.